Thank you all for attending our Parent’s Information Meeting last week. Following the meeting, we have decided on the following
- Social Media: We are looking into setting up a social media account for the school in addition to a school website. If you have any issue with your child’s image appearing on such a platform please inform the school, as we require full support for this venture to go ahead.
- Open Day: We will plan an Open Day at Cranny National School for prospective students in Term 2.
- Sign: A sign will be ordered over the mid-term break and will be erected once
permission is sought.
- Brochure/Website: These are both in the process of being updated.
Dates for your Diary
- Halloween Dress Up – The children are invited to dress up in their Halloween
costumes this Thursday 25th October. This will be a fun day for the children. School will close at 12pm on Thursday.
- 26th October – School closed due to Presidential Election.
- 8th November – Cranny National School cordially invite you to attend the retirement celebration of Kathleen O’Connell on Thursday November 8th at 7.30pm at St.
Mary’s Church Cranny followed by refreshments in Cranny National School.
- 18 th December – Class trip to see Snow White – The Panto in University Concert Hall Limerick. (Parents are asked to pay €15 for the tickets by December 7 th , the Board of Management will cover the price of the bus).
The children have completed five weeks of athletics with Maura Falsey. Children may wear their tracksuits every Thursday for football.
We celebrated Maths Week last week. We had great fun learning about maths in the world around us.
We celebrated World Mental Health Day on October 10 th . The junior classes did lessons on their feelings and the senior classes read the book Headbombz. We have created a notice board area to display our Amber Flag initiative work to date.
The children have been working with Dermot and Conor composing their own songs and performing using various instruments.
Christmas Shoebox Appeal
Christmas Shoeboxes will be collected Wednesday 24 th October. Thank you for your participation in this worthwhile project.